Spring is springing ,and families all over are planning their Spring vacations and road trips. I know that I am in the midst of planning a trip to Washington DC to see the historical sites and to visit the White House with my princess. Of course,wherever you go, everyone will have cell phones and tablets at fingers length. So, you know sometimes you’ll face the inevitable “low battery” sign that pops up as a warning. And how funny is it that the warning pops up at the most inopportune time,too? Like when you are nowhere near an outlet or you don’t have electricity right there to juice your charger? There’s a solution for that … portable battery packs !
Disclosure: Tricias-List received one or more of the products mentioned above in exchange for review . The post may also contain affiliate links in it.Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will be good for our readers
I used to not want to carry a battery pack because they were always bulky and heavy. No one wants to carry a 5 pound battery in their purse just to charge something,lol ! But now, companies have come out with better battery packs. They are designed to be slimmer,lighter, and more powerful than ever before . I had the opportunity to test out a few different battery packs form a couple of companies, and I am pretty impressed with the lot of them. Take a look at which ones I tried ,and decide for yourself if one of them could be right for you !
Viivant – High Capacity External Battery Pack
- You get two portable chargers with universal USB connectivity (cell phones, tablets, GPS, Bluetooth, PSP controllers, etc). PB021 – 13,000mAh high-capacity with two USB charging ports (total output 2.1A) + LED power indicator. PB011 – 2,200mAh lipstick size. A micro USB cable and an extra 5 in 1 cable (iPhone4&5&6, micro USB, mini USB and Nokia 1mm). YOU DO NOT NEED EXTRA CABLES or ADAPTERS.
- PB021 portable charger uses premium Samsung Li-ion cells known for giving more than 800 good quality full charge cycles. The PB011 battery pack uses high quality grade A cells for 500+ cycles. SAFETY – bi-directional short-circuit, over-charging/discharging, over heating, etc.
- EASE OF USE – To charge your smartphone (etc.) simply connect your ususal USB cable into your Viivant power bank. To charge your portable charger, simply connect the provided micro USB cable to your usual wall adapter. Replenish your PB021 very quickly thanks to its 2A input. Charge and use your cell phone (etc.) at the same time.
GNS Power Bank / Travel Charger
Widely Compatible-Dual USB Output Ports are universal and compatible with almost any smart device with an input of DC 5V.
Sleek – Ultra thin and widely portable. Lightweight yet powerful. Can easily fit in handbag, pants pocket, backpack, briefcase, etc.
Fashionable – The attractive aluminum alloy case remains cool and looks fantastic. Practical and stylish!
Safe – Certified by RoHS, CE & FCC. Meets or exceeds the highest industry standards for safety. Micro-chip internal safety protocol prevents over-charge, over-discharge, over-voltage, over-current and short-circuiting of devices.
Easy – To charge Power Bank, simply use a standard micro-USB charging cord (not included). Then charge your devices anywhere, anytime. One or two devices simultaneously
Sturdy– able to withstand drop of several feet without damage. Sustains temperatures up to 170 degrees. Non flammable, corrosive, nor explosive. The GNSGoods Charger has a very powerful charging capability,too, boasting an 18000 mAh …which equals to power for a longer amount of time with your charge. This is a feature that makes GNSGoods stand out from other battery pack chargers .
mAh. Milliamp Hours. A unit for measuring electric power over time.mAh is commonly used to describe the total amount of energy a battery can store at one time. A battery rated for more mAh will power a phone for a longer amount of time, given the same usage pattern.
This travel charger is a little smaller than the Viivant one, but it’s not as eye-catching. I think that may be a good thing for some people and their design preferences. Both of these power banks (GNSGoods and ViiVant) are amazing ,have great charging capacity, and will do a wonderful job for keeping your devices juiced and ready to go.What’s more..they are both portable and that is a plus for all of us! I would recommend either one of them as a travel accessory for you,your friends,and family members !
- Slim, Light, High Capacity. Slightly bigger than an iphone, Maxx portable charger is small enough to hold in your hands. Charger slips easily into your purse or pocket – not heavy at all.
- Your New Wingman. Maxx charges everything you throw at it: your cell phone, ipad / tablet, cameras or vape ultra fast. Dual USB can charge 2 devices.
- Handy Portable Battery Charger. If you’re always on the go & running out of battery power, you can get several charges from Maxx. No more hunting or competing for a wall socket.
- Sleek & Strong. Huuman portable battery chargers pass strict safety & quality testing. Brushed aluminum with Grade A LiPo batteries. Holds battery charge for several months.
- 10,000 mah
- Comes in 5 different color choices -Black,Gold, Silver,Pink,and Blue.
Battery Case Chargers On Your Phone !
Chromo Inc. iPhone 6 Battery Case
There is also a trend going around about battery charging cases. I was given one of these bad boys to try out on my iPhone 6,and it is really awesome ! I love easy it is to charge the case while using it on your phone. It’s a sleek black case, that does a great double job of protecting your phone and mainly … keeping your phone alive with battery power. How you use it is … place your phone in the charged case, and then when your phone needs charging, push the power button on the back. Voila ! Phone is being charged and you don’t have to use wires or an electrical outlet. GENIUS !
- The powerful 2500mAh Li-polymer rechargeable battery with unique Rapid Charge technology can effectively provide 100%+ extra battery life for your iPhone 6, which is the equivalent of adding 12 + hours of talk time or video play or over 50 hours of audio play. Only compatible with the iPhone 6 (4.7 inch model). NOT compatible with the iPhone 6 Plus model (5.5 inch model.)
- Protective bumper design and hard-shell backplate provide a comprehensive shield from scratches, bumps, drops, and more, while still convenient enough to fit easily in your hand or into your pocket.
- Case includes an efficient Desk Stand function which allows you to operate hands free and multi task easily
- You will never need to remove the battery case to sync or charge your phone! Perfect cutouts for all buttons and ports
- Features 3 LED indicators to let you know exactly how much power remains. Features enhanced speaker ports to allow sound from your music and videos to flow distortion-free without muffling or blocking of the speakers
CoreThird – Express Power Bank / Portable Charger
The Express is a tiny powerhouse of a power bank. At only four inches tall and delivering up to 3,000mAh, it’s an ultra-compact, supercharged external power pack that lets you add hours of battery life safely and conveniently. At work, on your commute, or out and about, simply plug in and recharge your device instantly. Take more pictures, play games and listen to music longer, surf and watch videos, make calls, send emails, work and collaborate – whatever your device helps you do, the Express helps you do it longer.
- Superfast, portable charging with ultra-compact external power bank.
- Sleek, tubular form factor for easy carriage and portability.
- 3,000mAh capacity adds hours of battery life to your device.
- Juice up your devices anytime, anywhere and enjoy nonstop power and performance on-the-go. Make voice calls, browse and surf online, play multimedia content and games, send emails and work uninterrupted.
- Included standard-to-micro USB cable natively supports most smartphones, tablets, handheld gaming consoles, music players and other USB-charged devices.
Enter To WIN!!
1 reader will win a battery charger/power bank. The model/style will be random, but it will be one of the featured items in the blog post. Follow steps to enter; failure to complete all mandatory steps will result in disqualification.