Hey,Everyone ! If you have noticed, recently I have started to blog a lot more about having a Gluten Free lifestyle. I am aware that for some , this may be a less than stellar choice, but I have decided to give it try for myself. As a blogger, I think it is beneficial to keep an open outlook onto new topics and “trends”. I myself am not intolerant to Gluten, but I am experimenting with the idea of it. Which is why I have chosen to start a weekly blurb about good recipes for things that offer a healthier version of what most call “the real thing”. Top of my “Gotta Try” list … Hot Cocoa Cookies. I got this recipe from Udi’s Gluten Free ; you can save/print out the recipe from my site or you can go to their site for even more delicious recipes ,but this week (this weekend) I will trying this recipe here !
Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1 stick Earth Balance Butter
- 12 oz. dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8-9oz dairy free chocolate, cut into 30 small squares
- 30 vegan marshmallows
- 2 cups Smart Balance Dark Chocolate Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the chocolate chips and stir frequently until completely melted.
- Let chocolate cool in the refrigerator until cold to the touch- approximately 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla at low speed until smooth, 2 minutes. Mix in the cooled chocolate mixture just until blended.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture on low speed until just combined.
- Refrigerate the dough in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment. Spoon out the dough and roll between your palms to form small 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper.
- Bake until the cookies have just begun to puff up (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- While cookies are baking, snip marshmallows in half and stick 1 square of chocolate onto each of the cut sides.
- Once cookies begin to puff, remove cookie sheets from the oven; gently press a marshmallow half, chocolate side down, into each cookie.
- Bake cookies until the marshmallows soften( approximately 4 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and let cool. While cooling drizzle with Chocolate Peanut Butter and dust with powdered sugar.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cookies.