There are a lot people who swear by the use of natural ,homeopathic remedies and they turn to many types of oils ,called essential oils , to help . I don’t consider myself to be quite homeopathic ,but I do use more than a handful of oils. One in particular ,is Tea Tree Oil.
Tea tree oil, in essence, is a concentrated plant oil from the leaves of a tree native to Australian coastal areas. The tree is known as Melaleuca alternifolia (or tea tree) and is a member of the myrtle family. The oil is distilled into the air through a steam process and used on the skin as an herbal remedy. I actually use the Apothecary Extracts oil on my scalp to help with my dry scalp and the itchiness that results from the condition. There are more than a few uses for tea tree oil,too . Check out a complied list below (list credit to Care2.com) –
20 Great Ways to Use Tea Tree Oil
1. Use a dab to treat acne.
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete’s Foot, eczema, various yeast infections, etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. Treating sinus infection.
9. For dandruff and dry scalp (This is what I use the oil for).
10. In the form of aromatherapy, tea tree oil is used to treat colds, persistent coughs, acne, toothaches, and sunburn.
11. To create an all-purpose cleaner, combine 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water in a spray bottle.
12. Another version would be 14 ounces of water with 1 ounce of Murphy’s oil soap and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
13. Mix the above solution with kosher salt to scrub bathtub and bathroom tiles.
14. Add a few drops to dishwasher dispenser, then fill with a green dishwashing soap.
15. A few drops added to each load of laundry leave your clothes smelling cleaner.
16. Control mold with a tea tree oil/water spray.
17. Remove mustiness with that same tea tree oil/water spray.
18. To keep germs at bay, spray it on high chairs, car seats, and other high traffic spots.
19. 15 drops in a quart of water can be an effective insect repellent.
20. Be sure to take some with you when hiking and camping to put directly on insect bites or blisters.
If you would like to try this oil for yourself ,you can by clicking this link . Let me know if you try it,and how it works for you. I absolute love using my oil. It works wonders for my scalp problems !
Giveaway ALERT !! One lucky reader will win one huge bottle of Apothecary Extracts tea tree oil, valued over $24 ! Giveaway open to US residents only and ends 10/17/2014 . This is a SPONSORED giveaway,and TriciasList is not responsible for prize delivery.