Easy Creme Brulee ( Using A Blow Torch)
Hey guys ! I would LOVE to share a new recipe for you to try with your family ! It’s for a yummy creme brulee, and man ,oh man ,is it easy to make ! I give you two ways to finish the top of the brulee,one is with your oven,and the other with a blow torch. I prefer to use the Fogo butane blow torch.
PREP TIME -20 mins
1 hour 10 mins
TOTAL TIME -1 hour 30 mins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus more to sprinkle for topping
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- optional: fresh berries or mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and ½ cup sugar in a medium mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Add cream and vanilla and gently stir to combine, taking care not to mix quickly so as not to introduce extra bubbles. Place un-filled ramekins in a baking or casserole dish and fill baking dish with hot water until about half-way up sides of ramekins. Pour egg mixture into ramekins.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, checking every 10 minutes after 35-40 minutes. When done, a knife inserted into the center of the egg mixture should come out mostly clean.
- Remove from baking dish (I use a spatula) and lay onto clean dish towel to dry, set and cool. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- NEXT STEPS CAN BE DONE TWO WAYS -ONE IN THE BROILER,OR WITH A BLOW TORCH.I WILL BE USING A BLOW TORCH IN THE RECIPE.
- The BROILER Way — Set oven to low broiler setting.
- Sprinkle a thin, even layer of granulated sugar over the top of the cooked custard. Completely, but lightly, cover the custard with the sugar. Place the ramekins back into the baking dish and surround by ice and cold water until the water almost reaches halfway up the sides (don’t fill too high with water, as the ice will melt and add to the volume of water).
- Place baking dish with ramekins under broiler (or use crème brûlée torch, if you’d prefer) for 3-5 minutes, or until the sugar has melted and creates a golden brown, caramelized crust.
- Garnish with berries and/or some fresh mint leaves.
- The BLOW TORCH Way — Skip step 6 which requires that you set the oven broiler.Sprinkle a thin, even layer of granulated sugar over the top of the cooked custard. Completely, but lightly, cover the custard with the sugar.Set your blow torch to on and then slightly wave the flame across the sugared top of the creme brulee, making sure not to burn the sugars. You should be left with a nice crystalized sugar coating. Serve and enjoy !!
14 thoughts on “Cooking With A Blow Torch- Easy Creme Brulee”
Thorn of Girl
Very good data could be uncovered on this web blog.
My wife and that i are now delighted that Albert could carry out his studies on account of the thoughts he had via your online page. It really is every now and then perplexing to only generally be freely giving ways which a number of people could have…
The Birch of the Shadow
I believe there may well be a several duplicates, but an exceedingly handy listing! I’ve tweeted this. Lots of thanks for sharing!
The Absent Game
Concerning me and my husband we’ve owned much more MP3 players through the years than I can count, which include Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few many years I’ve settled down to one line of gamers.
So sorry you may pass up the workshop!
The Silent Shard
This will almost certainly be very handy for a few of your respective jobs I decide to never only with my weblog but
The Absent Game
Between me and my husband we have owned additional MP3 players through the years than I can count, like Sansas, iRivers, iPods (common & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few many years I’ve settled down to one line of players.
Woman of Alien
Fantastic operate you have got completed, this site is actually amazing with wonderful details. Time is God’s technique for keeping everything from going on at once.
So sorry you may miss the workshop!
Woman of Alien
Perfect do the job you’ve got finished, this great site is basically cool with amazing facts. Time is God’s means of maintaining every thing from occurring without delay.
The Slave of the Husband
Searching for ahead to finding out extra from you afterward!…
Woman of Alien
Perfect operate you’ve carried out, this web site is de facto amazing with superb information. Time is God’s technique for trying to keep every thing from occurring directly.
to uncover difficulties to boost my site!I suppose its okay to create usage of a few of the concepts!!
Souls in the Waves
Superior Early morning, I just stopped in to visit your site and imagined I’d say I experienced myself.