Gel Peels : I Had One Done And This Is What Happened!
Have you ever been treated to a Spa Day and just had the entire royal treatment ? By royal treatment, I mean body ,hair, and skin treatments ? A couple of times in my life, I have… and I loved it. Once ,I had a facial done. Oh ,my goodness ! My face felt and looked so beautiful after that treatment ! And, the little dark patch (melasma) under my right eye was gone. I asked the lady who took care of me that day what it was she did to get it disappear ,and she said “I gave you a facial peel”. Amazed is the least I can say about how I felt.
I had never had a facial peel before. Had I had known that they would help me to treat my slight hyperpigmentation problem, I would have been getting this process done way before this experience. Alas, we can’t all always afford to jet to a spa. Those little pleasures can get quite expensive, ranging from $50-$500 or more depending on the spa you go to. Not a good feeling for me, especially since I do suffer from a small skin condition. This leads me to this post I’m writing , though. I have found an effective way to treat my pigmentation problem at home ..for a fraction of the cost. It’s Fruit Acid Gel Peel 15% from Refresh Skin Therapy, and it works .
What Does A Gel Peel Do?
Fruit Acid Gel Peel 15% “effectively removes the outer layers of thickened or damaged skin improving texture and tone while revealing noticeably smoother, healthier skin.” Here’s how –
- Effectively removes dead surface skin cells, Glycolic Acid Peel loosens and removes the outer layers of thickened, damaged skin.
- Ideal for Age Spots, Dry Dull Skin, Freckles, Sun Spots, Increasing Skin Radiance and Luminosity, Acne Scarring, Skin Lightening, Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation, Melasma.
- Improves skin texture and tone, shrinks pores, Improves oily and problematic skin
- Enhanced with Kojic acid, a natural skin brightener with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, to reduce the appearance of dark spots and inhibit melanin production
Did It Work On My Face?
So far, I have used my Fruit Acid Peel two times. The visible changes I see is that my face is brighter and feels smoother… just the way it did when I had it done at the spa. NOTE: I don’t recommend that anyone use this peel in excess. You have to keep in mind that this is a chemical peel, which means that a layer of your skin is being taken away with the treatment. Chemical peels can do the following things for you –
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin (WebMD.com)
Side Note On Gel Peels
I do want to say one important thing about my experience with my Fruit Acid Peel – I did experience some strong tingling on my first application. According to the directions, the peel can be left on your face for 1-3 minutes, depending on the individual. I highly recommend that you only keep it on for no more than a minute if it’s your first time. Other than that precaution, my experience and results were fantabulous ,and I will continue to use this peel. And for the small cost of $34.95 for a 1 oz bottle, it’s steal , because that will afford you at least 10 peels, in my opinion. I mean, one facial peel at a spa is gonna run you about $60 at least ! If you are interested in learning more about the Fruit Acid %15 Gel Peel or you want to buy the product, you can visit the Skin Therapy site and browse through it. Thank you for reading and … Be Blessed !
You can also do peels for your hands, just in case you were wondering !